After revealing the first official trailer this week, Universal Sony have announced and detailed the Blu-ray released of E.T. The Extra‐Terrestrial, available from October 31, 2012 as a Blu‐ray™ Triple Play.
Academy Award®‐winning director Steven Spielberg’s unforgettable adventure celebrates its 30th Anniversary with its first‐ever release on Blu‐ray.
When an imaginative young boy meets a lost alien, it is the beginning of one of cinema’s most endearing friendships. Elliot (Henry Thomas) helps the marvelous creature he calls E.T. find his way back home before government agents can capture him.
First released in 1982, E.T. The Extra‐Terrestrial became the biggest blockbuster of the year, debuting at number one around the world. Even today, the film remains one of the most successful and well‐loved films of all time. Winning a total of four Academy Awards®, the film also features an unforgettable cast including the adorable Drew Barrymore (He’s Just Not That Into You, Charlie’s Angels), Henry Thomas (Dear John, Legends of the Fall), Dee Wallace (10, Sons and Daughters) and Peter Coyote (Erin Brockovich, Law and Order: LA).
Featuring an all‐new, digitally remastered picture that delivers six times the resolution of DVD, as well as all‐new 7.1 surround sound, the E.T. The Extra‐Terrestrial Anniversary Edition Blu‐ray ™ triple play includes the 1982 theatrical movie, an all‐new interview with director Steven Spielberg and “The E.T. Journals” which features an hour of never‐before‐seen footage from the set of the film. This Blu‐ ray ™ Triple Play pack also includes a DVD and Digital Copy of the film, offering fans a chance to relive the mystery, laughter and wonder of the iconic movie anytime, anywhere and on the platform of their choice.
One of the biggest blockbusters of its day, E.T. The Extra‐Terrestrial was truly a Global cultural phenomenon that brought out the child in all of us
- The E.T. Journals: all‐new bonus feature that retraces the day‐to‐day experience of creating E.T. including never‐before‐seen, behind‐the‐scenes footage
- Steven Spielberg & E.T. All‐new, reflective interview with Steven Spielberg
- Deleted Scenes
- A Look Back: The making of E.T. Featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg and the cast
- The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite
- The Evolution and Creation of E.T. From idea to screenplay, through casting and making the film
- The Music of E.T. A discussion with composer, John Williams
- The 20th Anniversary Premiere: John Williams plays the score of E.T. live at the Shrine
- Original Theatrical Trailer
N.B. All special features are subject to change at this point in time.