Friends, flings and modern relationships… get in on the adventure when the offbeat charm and hilarious antics of “Jess” and her three single guy roommates come to DVD. NEW GIRL, The Complete First Season will be released on 10 October 2012 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
This new, ensemble comedy stars Zooey Deschanel as the adorkable “Jess”; Max Greenfield (Schmidt), Jake Johnson (Nick), Lamorne Morris (Winston), and Hannah Simone (Cece). As their relationships progress, this five-some realises they need each other more than they ever thought they would, and end up forming a charmingly dysfunctional – or strangely functional – family.
With additional material, available only on DVD, get a firsthand look at even more of the fun that makes NEW GIRL a hit with viewers and critics, alike.
NEW GIRL DVD Special Features:
- Dress Like Jess – Fashionista Zooey Deschanel and NEW GIRL costume designer Debra McGuire talk about creating Jess’s cute, vintage-inspired look.
- New Girl: Evolution of an Episode – from the writers’ room to table read, see what goes on behind the making of a NEW GIRL episode.
- Auditions with Lamorne – an insider’s look at Lamorne Morris during his audition
- Alternate Jokes – watch the actors run through variations of the same line but using different jokes
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Audio Commentaries on 3 Episodes (Pilot, Bad in Bed and See Ya) with creator Elizabeth Meriwether, producers and cast
NEW GIRL is a charming, offbeat comedy about friends, flings and modern relationships. After a bad breakup, free-spirited optimist Jess moves in with three bachelors who have plenty of issues of their own. Winston is a former athlete, Nick (Jake Johnson) is a law school dropout, and Schmidt is a wannabe womanizer in love with…himself. Together with her super-hot BFF [best friend forever] Cece, this NEW GIRL discovers that hanging out with the guys can be a challenging – and hilarious – adventure!
New Girl Season 1 on DVD is available to buy from October 10, and you can pre-order your copy now here.
Problems with your love life, roommates or job? Get New Girl’s help with the Magic 8 Problem Solver here