The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) has today revealed the first nominees for the 7th AACTA Awards presented by Foxtel. Nominees were announced in two categories: Best Short Fiction Film and Best Short Animation.
Some of the highlights include actor/writer/producer Josh Lawson’s THE ELEVEN O’CLOCK and Daniel Adgag’s LOST PROPERTY OFFICE, which won both the Robert Mamoulian Award for Best Director and the Yoram Gross Animation Award at the Sydney Film Festival this year.
Also in the animation category is the Tropfest Best Visual Effects winner THE WALL. Narrated by AFI Award winner David Wenham and sparked by Donald Trump’s plan to build a wall on the Mexican border.
A full list of nominees can be found below. The rest of the nominees will be announced later this year, with winners announced at a gala ceremony in December.
AACTA AWARD FOR SHORT FICTION FILM NOMINEES
- THE ELEVEN O’CLOCK Derin Seale, Josh Lawson, Karen Bryson
- MIRO Victoria Wharfe McIntyre, Fran Dobbie, Amadeo Marquez-Perez
- MRS MCCUTCHEON John Sheedy, Andre Lima, Jenny Vila
- SLAPPER Luci Shroder, Jason Byrne, Michael Latham, Stephanie Westwood
AACTA AWARD FOR SHORT ANIMATION NOMINEES
- AFTER ALL Michael Cusack, Richard Chataway
- BARBARA Larissa Behrendt, Marieka Walsh, Kiki Dillon, Michaela Perske
- LOST PROPERTY OFFICE Daniel Agdag, Liz Kearney
- THE WALL Nick Baker, Tristan Klein