To celebrate the Autumn/Winter Fashion Weekd this month, Madman are offering ‘Fashion DVD Packs’, including BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK, THE TENTS, THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE and COCO & IGOR. All now available on DVD, Madman together with The Reel Bits are giving 3 lucky readers a chance to win all four titles.
Madman proudly presents BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK and THE TENTS – two insightful and entertaining documentaries that cover the inner workings and influential personalities of the New York fashion scene – available now on DVD, $29.95srp each.
BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK is the story of iconic New York Times photographer, Bill Cunningham. For decades now, Bill has been obsessively chronicling fashion trends, passing scenes and high society charity turnouts on the streets of New York. Featuring interviews with uptown fixtures such as Tom Wolfe, Brooke Astor, David Rockefeller and Vogue editor, Anna Wintour – whose statement “we all get dressed for Bill” is a strong indication of the level of respect he commands – BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK is a delicate, funny and often poignant portrait of a dedicated artist whose only wealth is his own humanity and unassuming grace.
To merely mention ‘New York’ is enough to make fashionistas weak at the knees. But only a few years ago, New York’s fashion scene was a mess of mismanagement. THE TENTS traces the genesis of New York as a fashion powerhouse, the success of which is linked almost exclusively to the setting up of “The Tents” at Bryant Park, which finally brought the couture together under one (albeit removable) roof. Featuring interviews with world class designers and fashion personalities such as Caroline Herrera, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, Betsey Johnson, Carson Kressley and Miss J Alexander, THE TENTS is an insight into the coveted and glamorous world of New York’s fashion scene… and, how it almost failed.
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD FROM MADMAN
To be in the running, all you have to do is:
- Subscribe to our newsletter and ‘Like Us’ on Facebook! The newsletter only goes out once a fortnight, so we promise not to spam you. (If you already subscribe or Like, you don’t need to do so again). Click here to sign up. It’s not too much to ask is it?
- Fill out the form below and tell us why you are fashion forward. (Hint: The answer is in this post). Please include your name, contact email and postal address so we can mail the prizes to you as soon as possible!
Important: You must answer all the questions to be eligible. To ensure people do not have an unfair advantage by entering multiple times, only 1 entry per person will be accepted. Every entry is looked at and if duplicate/suspicious entries are found you will automatically be disqualified. This competition is only open to residents of Australia. Blu-rays are encoded Region B.
Privacy Note: The Reel Bits / DVD Bits takes the privacy of its readers very seriously. Your email address will be not be used for any other purpose other than to enter the competition. Upon completion all email addresses will be deleted. If you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter after the competition closes, you will be given the option to opt out.
Terms & Conditions
- The Reel Bits / DVD Bits and Madman take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
- While all attempts are made to supply prizes at the completion of a competition, no responsibility will be held by The Reel Bits / DVD Bits to supply prizes if for unseen circumstances they are not available.
- Staff of this site and other DVD/film websites and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- You must be at least 15 years of age to enter this competition, or have parents or guardians permission.
- No responsibility will be taken for any entries that may have been lost. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered upon.