The Guardians are coming home. Again. You’re welcome. Disney and Marvel have announced that Australians can bring Baby Groot and the gang home on August 8 digitally, and on 23 August in physical formats.
This August, Marvel Studios’ GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, the blockbuster sequel featuring the world’s favorite band of intergalactic misfits, blasts into homes digitally on August 8th, 2017 and physically on August 23rd, 2017. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 marks the Studios first in-home release in stunning 4K Ultra HD™ format. 4K Ultra HD provides four times sharper resolution of HD with exceptional HDR which produces brighter brights, deeper blacks and richer colors than ever before. The galaxy has never looked so good!
We reviewed the film in cinemas back in April, and ultimately found that the “volume is cranked up on the second outing of the universe’s most unlikely success story, but it’s a mix tape that sits somewhere between their ‘greatest hits’ and an uneven double album.”
If you’re wondering which format to get, note that the digital release has a number of exclusive bonus features, including a look at the new Disneyland attraction.
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the
film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of
these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set
of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended
scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film.
Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history.
Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector
Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most
anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and
inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
Does not include any bonus materials